6th Annual Warm & Fuzzy Christmas Coat Drive. Donations accepted until December 14th.

Close Icon

Kindergarten Registration   arrow

Chesapeake Kindergarten TransitionsStudent Enrollment Information

Chesapeake Public Schools
Kindergarten Registration for 2018-2019

Children who reside in Chesapeake and are five years old on or before September 30, 2018 will be eligible to enter a Chesapeake Public Schools Kindergarten Program on Tuesday, September 4, 2018.


To register your child, please bring the items listed below to the elementary school located in your attendance zone.

  1. Documentary proof shall be provided of adequate age appropriate immunization with the prescribed number of doses of vaccine. All students prior to enrollment must meet immunization requirements. See Immunization Requirements for School Entry.
  2. Submit a completed School Entrance Health Information Form if the student is new to the school system. The form is available from the Student Enrollment Office or from any school in the division. Specific dates of immunizations must be included. Return this form to the school. The form is also available from most physicians, the Chesapeake Health Department, or any school office.
  3. Birth certificate.
  4. Proof of address (a current gas, water or electric bill from the last 30 days that shows usage).
  5. If you do not have a current gas, water or electric bill, contact the Office of Student Enrollment at (757) 547-0545. More information regarding Proof of Residence.
  6. Custody or court order if applicable

For an up-to-date list of required items, please visit the Chesapeake Public Schools website. To determine the school your child will attend, please contact the Department of Planning and Development at 757-547-0580 or view the Elementary School Map.

Special Permission Information

In some situations, SPECIAL PERMISSION must be granted before a child may be registered in the Chesapeake Public Schools.  Parents/Guardians should contact the Office of Student Enrollment by calling 757-547-0153 if faced with one or more of the following issues:

•You are a foster parent
•You do not have a current utility bill in your name for your residence/address
•You have just moved and have a lease or settlement statement but do not have a utility bill
•You have a lease with utilities included
•You live with another Chesapeake resident
•You are requesting OUT OF ZONE APPROVAL
•You live in a hotel, motel, or campground
•You are currently homeless
•You are under Military Power of Attorney with Military Orders

To obtain additional Chesapeake Public School enrollment information or the school assigned to your attendance zone, please call (757) 547-0545 or visit www.cpschools.com. If you need assistance for registration or general questions, please contact the schools directly or the Central Office by calling 547-0153.